Monday, August 18, 2008

Cable down, car fixed and other (minor) catastrophes

TF-ers, I must apologize.  Although I had many plans for a long and involved post about all kinds of important occurrences, this one will be short and sweet.  I was delayed, today, by the complete and utter breakdown of my cable-based phone and internet service.  It lasted all day and I have yet to figure out how to communicate with you via text messaging or my blackberry.  I will tackle that lesson, one of these days.

Here's a short and sweet plug for Woody Allen's new movie, which is pretty funny (not Annie Hall or Bananas, but still fun).  I learned to love Penelope Cruz when she appeared in Volver and she, again, outdoes herself.  I wouldn't see this ahead of Don't Tell Anyone, but if you've already followed up on that suggestion (or if it's not showing anywhere near where you live) then I would see this.

And, as for the car, I've been meaning to mention this as the latest (and most devastating) derailing of my summer of fiscal austerity.  Something to do with oxygenation broke down.  $1300 for the part to be ordered and replaced.  That doesn't seem fair.  But it's in keeping with a summer in which the chimney cap rotted away, the dryer collapsed, and the water heater fizzled itself into a total breakdown.  What's the point of a budget anyway?

No comments: