Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sunday in Hurleyville

Yes, Dear Readers, TodaysFrase has a family.   And that family has reunions, as all families should.  As a result, I spent a perfect Sunday in Hurleyville, N.Y.  (By the way, "Kitchen Challenged," thanks to your email about farro, I decided to bring along a cold farro salad.  Farro, chick peas, red onion, radishes, yellow pepper, dried cherries and toasted pecan, dressed with olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper.  The response was very good.)   

I am a little pooped right now, though, so I will leave you with three quick thoughts.  First, don't miss your own family reunion, if you're lucky enough to have one anytime soon.  Second, to all those TF-ers who just happen to have been at my family reunion, thanks for a great time -- I wish we were all still together.  

Third (this is so that even the most self-absorbed and apparently irrelevant of my blogs can deliver value to all visitors, blood relatives or not), I'd like to recommend an offbeat but very funny movie that was easy to overlook last summer.  It just happens to have a family reunion as one of its elements:  Death at a Funeral.  It's fluffy, but enjoyable, and is definitely worth adding to your Netflix list if and when you feel the need to move away from French film noir.

No comments: