Sunday, August 24, 2008

Leftover Chicken

As I may have failed to mention, Todaysfrase tries diligently to follow in the footsteps of all those thrifty French cooks who never turn their backs on the possibilities presented by leftovers.  

The highlights of last night's dinner were chicken breasts in olive oil, lemon juice, and kosher salt and sauteed string beans (charred to a really nice crisp).   Today, I made a terrific chicken salad. While this recipe can (and should) be adapted in all kinds of ways, here's what I did with those leftovers:  To the diced chicken and string beans I added sliced fresh peaches, dried cherries, toasted almonds, and avocado.  I sprinkled it with olive oil (a delicious Greek oil called Ariston) and added some more kosher salt. The general response was euphoria.

TF-ers, do you have any favorite recipes for leftovers?  What about recipes for peaches?

No comments: