Thursday, August 7, 2008

Tell Everyone

Sorry, I couldn't resist.  "Tell No One," the French movie that I saw last night after getting the water heater repaired and paying much too much for a tank of gas, was the cinematic high point of my summer (my regrets to Batman, Iron Man, and Genghis Khan).  This movie is so good it's hard to believe -- high suspense with an amazingly intricate plot that somehow managed to make sense by the end, although only at the end.   

It's based on a novel by Harlan Coban, whose novels I have never read (TF-ers, am I missing something here?).  Yet the characters and story line feel just right being French (the only thing in English is a wonderful soundtrack).  

The NYT's reviewer said that the movie is even better the second time around.  I'm really tempted.  That said, I'm wondering what the rest of you would choose as your favorite film of the summer.

No comments: